This short essay will analyze theme and one or two of the following: plot, character, setting, point of view, or style.
-The essay should have effective components: an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
-The introduction should state what's exactly being analyzed (theme, plus one or two other elements of fiction).
-The rest of the essay should support the main idea in the intro with analyses of relevant scenes and/or short passages from the story.
All written work should follow these format requirements:
- MLA format
- double spacing
Short Story Analysis is rated 4.8/5 based on 173 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- main title in capital letters
- page numbers on the top right margin of the page
- Times New Roman, 12 pt. font
Please only choose ONE of the short stories below to write the essay.
- The Necklace (1884) by Guy de Maupassant
- Young Goodman Brown (1835) by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Rip Van Winkle (1819-1820) by Washington Irving
- The Cask of Amontillado (1846) by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Darling (1899) by Anton Chekhov
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love (1981) by Carver