Based on the standards selected for the pre-assessments you created in Topic 1, identify 2-3 skills students would need to know. Create two developmentally appropriate and engaging activities that focus on the identified skill that could be implemented with a small group.
1. Select a phonemic awareness or phonics literacy standard
2. Create a learning objective aligned to the ELA standard to highlight the phonemic awareness or phonics skill on which you will focus
3. List the materials you will use during your small group activity
4. Describe the literacy activity and how it will be implemented
5. Discuss how you will assess the effectiveness of the lesson
Write a 250-500 word rationale explaining why you chose these particular activities and how they can be modified to meet the needs of all learners.
Use 2-3 scholarly resources to support your choice of activities.